Northern Ireland is a region with a rich cultural heritage. From Seamus Heaney to Snow Patrol, Liam Neeson to Game of Thrones, the artistic landscape in Northern Ireland is remarkable in its scope and success for a region of just 1.8 million people. The Northern Ireland Bureau is honored to be the custodian of bringing the cultural treasures of home to the shores of North America.
- To promote Northern Irish artists and performers in the United States and Canada.
- Identify and develop opportunities for learning through international exchanges.
- Focus on events where Northern Irish artists and cultural elements can be highlighted.
- Explore opportunities for promoting a non-stereotypical vision of Northern Ireland’s arts and culture.
- Theater, dance and the performing arts.
- Film and creative industries.
- Visual and applied arts.
- Music, both composition and performance.