The Northern Ireland Bureau is the diplomatic mission of the Northern Ireland Executive in the United States and Canada. Our team of six full-time staff members operates out of offices in Washington, DC.
Our mission is to help cultivate and strengthen links between various political, economic, educational, and cultural interests in Northern Ireland and North America. We take a proactive role in identifying and developing mutually-beneficial partnerships with organisations across a range of sectors. Our partners include:
- Northern Ireland’s economic development agency, Invest Northern Ireland, as well as the various development teams within Northern Ireland’s eleven local councils.
- Cultural organisations like Tourism Ireland, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, British Council Northern Ireland, and NI Screen.
- Academic institutions like Queen’s University Belfast, Ulster University, and Northern Ireland’s further and higher education colleges.
- Peace and community building initiatives like Co-operation Ireland, the International Fund for Ireland, and Corrymeela.
- Professional associations and networks like the Washington Ireland Program, The Ireland Funds, Irish Network USA, the US-NI Mentorship Program, the Global Shapers Community, and the American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL).
We are also a resource for individuals and organisations looking to learn and understand more about Northern Ireland, and about its relationship with the United States and Canada.